The Central Cemetery (called also ˝Házsongárd” Cemetery) of Cluj/ Kolozsvár was opened in 1585 and is still in use. Through the centuries many doctors and chemists were buried here. In the last decades most of the old tombstones were destroyed, but a great number of them was copied by some explorers. This study presents the oldest tombstones referring to physicians or chemists.
Keywords: history of medicine, ˝Házsongárd” Cemetery, Physicians’ and Chemists’ Gravestones